Republican? Eh, no – Freedom please
- NISUS: Next. Crucifixion?
- MR. CHEEKY: Ah, no. Freedom.
- JAILER: Hmm?
- NISUS: What?
- MR. CHEEKY: Eh, freedom for me. They said I hadn’t done anything, so I could go free and live on an island somewhere.
- NISUS: Oh. Oh, well, that’s jolly good. Well, off you go, then.
- MR. CHEEKY: Naa, I’m only pulling your leg. It’s crucifixion, really.
The brand has gone so poisonous that a Republican in Washington state is trying to have himself listed as something else on the ballot. Apparently he “prefers GOP party”.
The worst thing is that despite the distaste for Republicans in all other races, it doesn’t seem to be affecting the Presidential race. Yet.